OWNERSHIP OF PERSONAL TRANSPONDERS
As of January 2013 all BMXV Open licence holders competing at major race meetings will be expected to have their own transponder. For further details read here>>
PRO CHIP FLEX PERSONAL TRANSPONDERS
MYLAPS has released a new transponder, the ProChip FLEX. The ProChip FLEX transponder is functionally the same as the ProChip transponder BUT has a lower upfront cost and involves an ongoing subscription to operate.
BMX Victoria offers ProChip FLEX Tranponders with a one year subscription for $50 (pick up); saving $11 over MYLAPS retail price including postage. BMX Victoria will also register the FLEX transponder in the BMXA/IMG database. This means your transponder is assigned to you making race entry simpler.
The ProChip FLEX transponder has the same life as the ProChip transponder.
TO PURCHASE A FLEX TRANSPONDER:
Purchase a transponder (with one year’s subscription) either by:
|Initial purchase price.||$50.001||-||-|
|Subscription renewal price2.||$35.50||$60.50||$121.00|
- 1BMX Victoria pick up price, add $11 if postage required
- 2From MYLAPS website. No limit on times subscription can be renewed
Activate the transponder:
- If picking up at an event – BMXV will activate your transponder
- If posted – you need to activate your transponder (see Quick Guide in “WANT MORE INFO?”)
- At the end of BMXV FLEX 1 year subscription can I choose different subscription term?
Yes. 1, 2 or 5 year subscriptions.
- What happens if the unit breaks or the battery goes flat?
Send it back to MYLAPS and they will replace it.
- Can I sell the FLEX unit to someone else?
Yes. The new owner will need to activate a minimum 1 year subscription.
- Can I swap it back and forth between 20” and cruiser?
No (buy two)
- Can I use the bracket that MYLAPS sell?
No. The transponder has to be directly mounted to the fork with cable ties.
- Can I still check my transponder on the mat at races?
- What happens if my subscription expires?
MYLAPS will notify you beforehand so you can renew your subscription in time.
- Can you share transponders around?
- Can you own multiple transponders?
- So how does this vary from the current system?
ProChip and ProChip FLEX transponders are compatible. The difference is the purchase method and warranty. The ProChip transponder has a battery life of approximately 5 years for $140, but when it’s dead you need to buy another one. FLEX subscriptions are similar over 5 years, but has a replacement guarantee.
- Is the ProChip FLEX rechargable?
No, the ProChip FLEX is not rechargable. The battery status can be checked in ProChip FLEX Manager.
- Where can I download ProChip FLEX manager software?
You can download the ProChip FLEX manager software here.
- How do I know my ProChip FLEX transponder has a valid subscription?
There are 2 methods:
- Shake the transponder for 10 seconds, then place on a flat surface for 5 seconds. You will see 2 blinks, the first blink indicates the subscription status. Red means Inactive and Green means the transponder is Active
- Start ProChip FLEX manager software and insert the ProChip FLEX transponder. You can see your subscription status in the lower left part of the screen
WHAT DO CLUBS NEED TO DO TO USE TRANSPONDERS AT THEIR RACE MEETINGS? Click here
WANT MORE INFO? Click here>>