As of January 2013 all BMXV Open licence holders competing at major race meetings will be expected to have their own transponder. Further details are available in this document.
ProChip Flex Transponder
The ProChip FLEX is subscription-based. You can easily extend your subscription online.
|Initial Purchase Price (Postage is additional $13.00)||$50.00|
|Subscription Renewal Price||$35.50||$60.50||$121.00|
Purchase a ProChip Flex Transponder
You can purchase a ProChip Flex transponder (with a one year subscription) by one of the following methods:
Activate your ProChip Flex Transponder
If you transponder has not been activated by BMX Victoria you will need to do so before you can race using the transponder. To activate the transponder you will need to download the management software from MyLaps. The software is called FLEX Manager ProChip Flex and can be downloaded by following the link. A Quick Start Guide come with the transponder and can be downloaded.
Renew your ProChip Flex Subscription
MyLaps will send a message, to the email address or mobile number entered on activatation, reminding you that the subscription needs to be renewed. You subscription can be renewed on the MyLaps website. Once you have paid your renewal you will need to connect the transponder to the FLEX Manager ProChip Flex software and update the subscription details.
This tranponder is available from MyLaps for $148.50 plus postage and handling. It has a two year warranty and does not require any activation or subscription renewal.
If you wish to purchase this transponder click on the image and you will be directed to the MyLaps website.
When you receive your transponder you will need to advise BMX Victoria so that the transponder number can be added to the database.
Frequently Asked Questions
- At the end of BMXV FLEX 1 year subscription can I choose different subscription term?
Yes. 1, 2 or 5 year subscriptions.
- What happens if the unit breaks or the battery goes flat?
Send it back to MYLAPS and they will replace it.
- Can I sell the FLEX unit to someone else?
Yes. The new owner will need to activate a minimum 1 year subscription.
- Can I swap it back and forth between 20” and cruiser?
No (buy two)
- Can I use the bracket that MYLAPS sell?
No. The transponder has to be directly mounted to the fork with cable ties.
- Can I still check my transponder on the mat at races?
- What happens if my subscription expires?
MYLAPS will notify you beforehand so you can renew your subscription in time.
- Can you share transponders around?
- Can you own multiple transponders?
- So how does this vary from the current system?
ProChip and ProChip FLEX transponders are compatible. The difference is the purchase method and warranty. The ProChip transponder has a battery life of approximately 5 years for $140, but when it’s dead you need to buy another one. FLEX subscriptions are similar over 5 years, but has a replacement guarantee.
- Is the ProChip FLEX rechargable?
No, the ProChip FLEX is not rechargable. The battery status can be checked in ProChip FLEX Manager.
- Where can I download ProChip FLEX manager software?
You can download the ProChip FLEX manager software here.
- How do I know my ProChip FLEX transponder has a valid subscription?
There are 2 methods:
- Shake the transponder for 10 seconds, then place on a flat surface for 5 seconds. You will see 2 blinks, the first blink indicates the subscription status. Red means Inactive and Green means the transponder is Active
- Start ProChip FLEX manager software and insert the ProChip FLEX transponder. You can see your subscription status in the lower left part of the screen